Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) grant (any monetary aid)
- S: (n) grant, subsidization, subsidisation (the act of providing a subsidy)
- S: (n) grant, assignment ((law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance)
- S: (n) Grant, Duncan Grant, Duncan James Corrow Grant (Scottish painter; cousin of Lytton Strachey and member of the Bloomsbury Group (1885-1978))
- S: (n) Grant, Cary Grant (United States actor (born in England) who was the elegant leading man in many films (1904-1986))
- S: (n) Grant, Ulysses Grant, Ulysses S. Grant, Ulysses Simpson Grant, Hiram Ulysses Grant, President Grant (18th President of the United States; commander of the Union armies in the American Civil War (1822-1885))
- S: (n) concession, grant (a contract granting the right to operate a subsidiary business) "he got the beer concession at the ball park"
- S: (n) grant (a right or privilege that has been granted)
- S: (v) allow, grant (let have) "grant permission"; "Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison"
- S: (v) award, grant (give as judged due or on the basis of merit) "the referee awarded a free kick to the team"; "the jury awarded a million dollars to the plaintiff"; "Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
- S: (v) concede, yield, grant (be willing to concede) "I grant you this much"
- S: (v) accord, allot, grant (allow to have) "grant a privilege"
- S: (v) grant, give (bestow, especially officially) "grant a degree"; "give a divorce"; "This bill grants us new rights"
- S: (v) concede, yield, cede, grant (give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another)
- S: (v) grant, deed over (transfer by deed) "grant land"