Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) grace, saving grace, state of grace ((Christian theology) a state of sanctification by God; the state of one who is under such divine influence) "the conception of grace developed alongside the conception of sin"; "it was debated whether saving grace could be obtained outside the membership of the church"; "the Virgin lived in a state of grace"
- S: (n) grace, gracility (elegance and beauty of movement or expression) "a beautiful figure which she used in subtle movements of unparalleled grace"
- S: (n) seemliness, grace (a sense of propriety and consideration for others) "a place where the company of others must be accepted with good grace"
- S: (n) grace, good will, goodwill (a disposition to kindness and compassion) "the victor's grace in treating the vanquished"
- S: (n) grace, grace period (a period of time past the deadline for fulfilling an obligation during which a penalty that would be imposed for being late is waived, especially an extended period granted as a special favor) "The payment had originally been due on April 1 but we had a grace period which expired in June."
- S: (n) Grace ((Greek mythology) one of three sisters who were the givers of beauty and charm; a favorite subject for sculptors)
- S: (n) grace, blessing, thanksgiving (a short prayer of thanks before a meal) "their youngest son said grace"
- S: (n) grace, grace of God, free grace ((Christian theology) the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God) "God's grace is manifested in the salvation of sinners"; "there but for the grace of God go I"
- S: (v) decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify (make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.) "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- S: (v) deck, adorn, decorate, grace, embellish, beautify (be beautiful to look at) "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"