Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) chitchat, chit-chat, chit chat, small talk, gab, gabfest, gossip, tittle-tattle, chin wag, chin-wag, chin wagging, chin-wagging, causerie (light informal conversation for social occasions)
- S: (n) gossip, comment, scuttlebutt (a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people) "the divorce caused much gossip"
- S: (n) gossip, gossiper, gossipmonger, rumormonger, rumourmonger, newsmonger (a person given to gossiping and divulging personal information about others)
- S: (v) dish the dirt, gossip (wag one's tongue; speak about others and reveal secrets or intimacies) "She won't dish the dirt"
- S: (v) chew the fat, shoot the breeze, chat, confabulate, confab, chitchat, chit-chat, chatter, chaffer, natter, gossip, jaw, claver, visit (talk socially without exchanging too much information) "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"