Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) continue, go on, proceed, go along, keep (continue a certain state, condition, or activity) "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"
- S: (v) happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place (come to pass) "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important"
- S: (v) advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on (move forward, also in the metaphorical sense) "Time marches on"
- S: (v) continue, go on, carry on, proceed (continue talking) "`I know it's hard', he continued, `but there is no choice'"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
- S: (v) go on, come up, come on (start running, functioning, or operating) "the lights went on"; "the computer came up"