Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) apply, hold, go for (be pertinent or relevant or applicable) "The same laws apply to you!"; "This theory holds for all irrational numbers"; "The same rules go for everyone"
- S: (v) accept, consent, go for (give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to) "I cannot accept your invitation"; "I go for this resolution"
- S: (v) hope, go for (intend with some possibility of fulfilment) "I hope to have finished this work by tomorrow evening"
- S: (v) fancy, go for, take to (have a fancy or particular liking or desire for) "She fancied a necklace that she had seen in the jeweler's window"
- S: (v) try for, go for (make an attempt at achieving something) "She tried for the Olympics"