Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) exit, go out, get out, leave (move out of or depart from) "leave the room"; "the fugitive has left the country"
- S: (v) bring out, get out (take out of a container or enclosed space) "Get out your best dress--we are going to a party!"
- S: (v) pull out, get out (move out or away) "The troops pulled out after the cease-fire"
- S: (v) get out (express with difficulty) "I managed to get out a few words"
- S: (v) draw, pull, pull out, get out, take out (bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover) "draw a weapon"; "pull out a gun"; "The mugger pulled a knife on his victim"
- S: (v) break, get out, get around (be released or become known; of news) "News of her death broke in the morning"
- S: (v) get off, get away, get by, get out, escape (escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action) "She gets away with murder!"; "I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities"