Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) geld, cut (cut off the testicles (of male animals such as horses)) "the vet gelded the young horse"
- direct hypernym / inherited hypernym / sister term
- S: (v) emasculate, castrate, demasculinize, demasculinise (remove the testicles of a male animal)
- S: (v) sterilize, sterilise, desex, unsex, desexualize, desexualise, fix (make infertile) "in some countries, people with genetically transmissible disabilites are sterilized"
- S: (v) operate on, operate (perform surgery on) "The doctors operated on the patient but failed to save his life"
- S: (v) treat, care for (provide treatment for) "The doctor treated my broken leg"; "The nurses cared for the bomb victims"; "The patient must be treated right away or she will die"; "Treat the infection with antibiotics"
- derivationally related form
- sentence frame