Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) freeze, freezing (the withdrawal of heat to change something from a liquid to a solid)
- S: (v) freeze, stop dead (stop moving or become immobilized) "When he saw the police car he froze"
- S: (v) freeze (change to ice) "The water in the bowl froze"
- S: (v) freeze (be cold) "I could freeze to death in this office when the air conditioning is turned on"
- S: (v) freeze (cause to freeze) "Freeze the leftover food"
- S: (v) freeze, suspend (stop a process or a habit by imposing a freeze on it) "Suspend the aid to the war-torn country"
- S: (v) freeze (be very cold, below the freezing point) "It is freezing in Kalamazoo"
- S: (v) freeze, freeze out, freeze down (change from a liquid to a solid when cold) "Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit"
- S: (v) freeze, block, immobilize, immobilise (prohibit the conversion or use of (assets)) "Blocked funds"; "Freeze the assets of this hostile government"
- S: (v) freeze (anesthetize by cold)
- S: (v) freeze (suddenly behave coldly and formally) "She froze when she saw her ex-husband"