Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) laminitis, founder (inflammation of the laminated tissue that attaches the hoof to the foot of a horse)
- S: (n) founder, beginner, founding father, father (a person who founds or establishes some institution) "George Washington is the father of his country"
- S: (n) founder (a worker who makes metal castings)
- S: (v) fall through, fall flat, founder, flop (fail utterly; collapse) "The project foundered"
- S: (v) founder (sink below the surface)
- S: (v) collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder (break down, literally or metaphorically) "The wall collapsed"; "The business collapsed"; "The dam broke"; "The roof collapsed"; "The wall gave in"; "The roof finally gave under the weight of the ice"
- S: (v) founder (stumble and nearly fall) "the horses foundered"