Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) fork (cutlery used for serving and eating food)
- S: (n) branching, ramification, fork, forking (the act of branching out or dividing into branches)
- S: (n) fork, crotch (the region of the angle formed by the junction of two branches) "they took the south fork"; "he climbed into the crotch of a tree"
- S: (n) fork (an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging; has a handle and metal prongs)
- S: (n) crotch, fork (the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk)
- S: (v) pitchfork, fork (lift with a pitchfork) "pitchfork hay"
- S: (v) fork (place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces)
- S: (v) branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate (divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork) "The road forks"
- S: (v) fork (shape like a fork) "She forked her fingers"