Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) forge (furnace consisting of a special hearth where metal is heated before shaping)
- S: (n) forge, smithy (a workplace where metal is worked by heating and hammering)
- S: (v) forge, hammer (create by hammering) "hammer the silver into a bowl"; "forge a pair of tongues"
- S: (v) forge, fake, counterfeit (make a copy of with the intent to deceive) "he faked the signature"; "they counterfeited dollar bills"; "She forged a Green Card"
- S: (v) invent, contrive, devise, excogitate, formulate, forge (come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort) "excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
- S: (v) forge (move ahead steadily) "He forged ahead"
- S: (v) forge, spurt, spirt (move or act with a sudden increase in speed or energy)
- S: (v) shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge (make something, usually for a specific function) "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- S: (v) fashion, forge (make out of components (often in an improvising manner)) "She fashioned a tent out of a sheet and a few sticks"