Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) flex (the act of flexing) "he gave his biceps a flex to impress the ladies"
- S: (v) flex (contract) "flex a muscle"
- S: (v) flex (exhibit the strength of) "The victorious army flexes its invincibility"
- S: (v) bend, flex (form a curve) "The stick does not bend"
- S: (v) flex, bend (bend a joint) "flex your wrists"; "bend your knees"
- S: (v) flex, bend, deform, twist, turn (cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form) "bend the rod"; "twist the dough into a braid"; "the strong man could turn an iron bar"