Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) repair, fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation (the act of putting something in working order again)
- S: (n) fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing (restraint that attaches to something or holds something in place)
- S: (n) neutering, fixing, altering (the sterilization of an animal) "they took him to the vet for neutering"
- S: (n) fixation, fixing ((histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body)
- S: (n) ingredient, fixings (food that is a component of a mixture in cooking) "the recipe lists all the fixings for a salad"
- S: (n) fixings, trimmings (the accessories that normally accompany (something or some activity)) "an elaborate formal dinner with all the fixings"; "he bought a Christmas tree and trimmings to decorate it"