Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) finger (any of the terminal members of the hand (sometimes excepting the thumb)) "her fingers were long and thin"
- S: (n) finger, fingerbreadth, finger's breadth, digit (the length of breadth of a finger used as a linear measure)
- S: (n) finger (one of the parts of a glove that provides covering for a finger or thumb)
- S: (v) finger, thumb (feel or handle with the fingers) "finger the binding of the book"
- S: (v) feel, finger (examine by touch) "Feel this soft cloth!"; "The customer fingered the sweater"
- S: (v) finger (search for on the computer) "I fingered my boss and found that he is not logged on in the afternoons"
- S: (v) finger (indicate the fingering for the playing of musical scores for keyboard instruments)