Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) movie, film, picture, moving picture, moving-picture show, motion picture, motion-picture show, picture show, pic, flick (a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement) "they went to a movie every Saturday night"; "the film was shot on location"
- S: (n) film, cinema, celluloid (a medium that disseminates moving pictures) "theater pieces transferred to celluloid"; "this story would be good cinema"; "film coverage of sporting events"
- S: (n) film, photographic film (photographic material consisting of a base of celluloid covered with a photographic emulsion; used to make negatives or transparencies)
- S: (n) film (a thin coating or layer) "the table was covered with a film of dust"
- S: (n) film, plastic film (a thin sheet of (usually plastic and usually transparent) material used to wrap or cover things)
- S: (v) film, shoot, take (make a film or photograph of something) "take a scene"; "shoot a movie"
- S: (v) film (record in film) "The coronation was filmed"