Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) fight, fighting, combat, scrap (the act of fighting; any contest or struggle) "a fight broke out at the hockey game"; "there was fighting in the streets"; "the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
- S: (v) contend, fight, struggle (be engaged in a fight; carry on a fight) "the tribesmen fought each other"; "Siblings are always fighting"; "Militant groups are contending for control of the country"
- S: (v) fight, oppose, fight back, fight down, defend (fight against or resist strongly) "The senator said he would oppose the bill"; "Don't fight it!"
- S: (v) fight, struggle (make a strenuous or labored effort) "She struggled for years to survive without welfare"; "He fought for breath"
- S: (v) crusade, fight, press, campaign, push, agitate (exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for) "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- S: (adj) active, combat-ready, fighting (engaged in or ready for military or naval operations) "on active duty"; "the platoon is combat-ready"; "review the fighting forces"