Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) tip, fee, bung (give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the compensation agreed on) "Remember to tip the waiter"; "fee the steward"
- S: (v) feed (provide as food) "Feed the guests the nuts"
- S: (v) feed, give (give food to) "Feed the starving children in India"; "don't give the child this tough meat"
- S: (v) feed (feed into; supply) "Her success feeds her vanity"
- S: (v) feed, feed in (introduce continuously) "feed carrots into a food processor"
- S: (v) feed (support or promote) "His admiration fed her vanity"
- S: (v) feed, eat (take in food; used of animals only) "This dog doesn't eat certain kinds of meat"; "What do whales eat?"
- S: (v) feed (serve as food for; be the food for) "This dish feeds six"
- S: (v) run, flow, feed, course (move along, of liquids) "Water flowed into the cave"; "the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
- S: (v) prey, feed (profit from in an exploitatory manner) "He feeds on her insecurity"
- S: (v) feed, feast (gratify) "feed one's eyes on a gorgeous view"
- S: (v) fertilize, fertilise, feed (provide with fertilizers or add nutrients to) "We should fertilize soil if we want to grow healthy plants"