Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) faint, conk, swoon, pass out (pass out from weakness, physical or emotional distress due to a loss of blood supply to the brain)
- S: (adj) faint, weak (deficient in magnitude; barely perceptible; lacking clarity or brightness or loudness etc) "a faint outline"; "the wan sun cast faint shadows"; "the faint light of a distant candle"; "weak colors"; "a faint hissing sound"; "a faint aroma"; "a weak pulse"
- S: (adj) dim, faint, shadowy, vague, wispy (lacking clarity or distinctness) "a dim figure in the distance"; "only a faint recollection"; "shadowy figures in the gloom"; "saw a vague outline of a building through the fog"; "a few wispy memories of childhood"
- S: (adj) faint, feeble (lacking strength or vigor) "damning with faint praise"; "faint resistance"; "feeble efforts"; "a feeble voice"
- S: (adj) faint, light, swooning, light-headed, lightheaded (weak and likely to lose consciousness) "suddenly felt faint from the pain"; "was sick and faint from hunger"; "felt light in the head"; "a swooning fit"; "light-headed with wine"; "light-headed from lack of sleep"
- S: (adj) faint (indistinctly understood or felt or perceived) "a faint clue to the origin of the mystery"; "haven't the faintest idea"
- S: (adj) faint, fainthearted, timid, faint-hearted (lacking conviction or boldness or courage) "faint heart ne'er won fair lady"