Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) slice, fade, slicing (a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer) "he took lessons to cure his slicing"
- S: (n) fade, disappearance (gradually ceasing to be visible)
- S: (v) fade, melt (become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly) "The scene begins to fade"; "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
- S: (v) fade, wither (lose freshness, vigor, or vitality) "Her bloom was fading"
- S: (v) evanesce, fade, blow over, pass off, fleet, pass (disappear gradually) "The pain eventually passed off"
- S: (v) languish, fade (become feeble) "The prisoner has been languishing for years in the dungeon"