Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) factor (anything that contributes causally to a result) "a number of factors determined the outcome"
- S: (n) component, constituent, element, factor, ingredient (an abstract part of something) "jealousy was a component of his character"; "two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony"; "the grammatical elements of a sentence"; "a key factor in her success"; "humor: an effective ingredient of a speech"
- S: (n) divisor, factor (one of two or more integers that can be exactly divided into another integer) "what are the 4 factors of 6?"
- S: (n) agent, factor, broker (a businessman who buys or sells for another in exchange for a commission)
- S: (n) factor (any of the numbers (or symbols) that form a product when multiplied together)
- S: (n) factor (an independent variable in statistics)
- S: (n) gene, cistron, factor ((genetics) a segment of DNA that is involved in producing a polypeptide chain; it can include regions preceding and following the coding DNA as well as introns between the exons; it is considered a unit of heredity) "genes were formerly called factors"
- S: (v) factor, factor in, factor out (resolve into factors) "a quantum computer can factor the number 15"
- S: (v) factor (be a contributing factor) "make things factor into a company's profitability"
- S: (v) factor, factor in, factor out (consider as relevant when making a decision) "You must factor in the recent developments"