Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) expression, look, aspect, facial expression, face (the feelings expressed on a person's face) "a sad expression"; "a look of triumph"; "an angry face"
- S: (n) expression, manifestation, reflection, reflexion (expression without words) "tears are an expression of grief"; "the pulse is a reflection of the heart's condition"
- S: (n) expression, verbal expression, verbalism (the communication (in speech or writing) of your beliefs or opinions) "expressions of good will"; "he helped me find verbal expression for my ideas"; "the idea was immediate but the verbalism took hours"
- S: (n) saying, expression, locution (a word or phrase that particular people use in particular situations) "pardon the expression"
- S: (n) formulation, expression (the style of expressing yourself) "he suggested a better formulation"; "his manner of expression showed how much he cared"
- S: (n) formula, expression (a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement)
- S: (n) expression ((genetics) the process of expressing a gene)
- S: (n) construction, grammatical construction, expression (a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit) "I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
- S: (n) expression (the act of forcing something out by squeezing or pressing) "the expression of milk from her breast"