Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) expand, spread out (extend in one or more directions) "The dough expands"
- S: (v) expand (become larger in size or volume or quantity) "his business expanded rapidly"
- S: (v) expand (make bigger or wider in size, volume, or quantity) "expand the house by adding another wing"
- S: (v) boom, thrive, flourish, expand (grow vigorously) "The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
- S: (v) inflate, blow up, expand, amplify (exaggerate or make bigger) "The charges were inflated"
- S: (v) elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate (add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing) "She elaborated on the main ideas in her dissertation"
- S: (v) extend, expand (expand the influence of) "The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent"