Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) execute, put to death (kill as a means of socially sanctioned punishment) "In some states, criminals are executed"
- S: (v) execute (murder in a planned fashion) "The Mafioso who collaborated with the police was executed"
- S: (v) carry through, accomplish, execute, carry out, action, fulfill, fulfil (put in effect) "carry out a task"; "execute the decision of the people"; "He actioned the operation"
- S: (v) execute (carry out the legalities of) "execute a will or a deed"
- S: (v) run, execute (carry out a process or program, as on a computer or a machine) "Run the dishwasher"; "run a new program on the Mac"; "the computer executed the instruction"
- S: (v) perform, execute, do (carry out or perform an action) "John did the painting, the weeding, and he cleaned out the gutters"; "the skater executed a triple pirouette"; "she did a little dance"
- S: (v) execute (sign in the presence of witnesses) "The President executed the treaty"