Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) exclude, except, leave out, leave off, omit, take out (prevent from being included or considered or accepted) "The bad results were excluded from the report"; "Leave off the top piece"
- S: (v) exclude, keep out, shut out, shut (prevent from entering; shut out) "The trees were shutting out all sunlight"; "This policy excludes people who have a criminal record from entering the country"
- S: (v) exclude (lack or fail to include) "The cost for the trip excludes food and beverages"
- S: (v) bar, debar, exclude (prevent from entering; keep out) "He was barred from membership in the club"
- S: (v) eject, chuck out, exclude, turf out, boot out, turn out (put out or expel from a place) "The unruly student was excluded from the game"