Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) example, illustration, instance, representative (an item of information that is typical of a class or group) "this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome"; "there is an example on page 10"
- S: (n) model, example (a representative form or pattern) "I profited from his example"
- S: (n) exemplar, example, model, good example (something to be imitated) "an exemplar of success"; "a model of clarity"; "he is the very model of a modern major general"
- S: (n) example, deterrent example, lesson, object lesson (punishment intended as a warning to others) "they decided to make an example of him"
- S: (n) case, instance, example (an occurrence of something) "it was a case of bad judgment"; "another instance occurred yesterday"; "but there is always the famous example of the Smiths"
- S: (n) exercise, example (a task performed or problem solved in order to develop skill or understanding) "you must work the examples at the end of each chapter in the textbook"