Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) evidence, grounds (your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief) "the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling"
- S: (n) evidence (an indication that makes something evident) "his trembling was evidence of his fear"
- S: (n) evidence ((law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved)
- S: (v) attest, certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence (provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes) "His high fever attested to his illness"; "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"; "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
- S: (v) testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show (provide evidence for) "The blood test showed that he was the father"; "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
- S: (v) tell, evidence (give evidence) "he was telling on all his former colleague"