Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) equal, be (be identical or equivalent to) "One dollar equals 1,000 rubles these days!"
- S: (v) equal, touch, rival, match (be equal to in quality or ability) "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
- S: (v) equal, match, equalize, equalise, equate (make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching) "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
- S: (adj) equal (having the same quantity, value, or measure as another) "on equal terms"; "all men are equal before the law"
- S: (adj) adequate, equal (having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task) "she had adequate training"; "her training was adequate"; "she was adequate to the job"; "he was equal to the task"