Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) empty (a container that has been emptied) "return all empties to the store"
- S: (v) empty (make void or empty of contents) "Empty the box"; "The alarm emptied the building"
- S: (v) empty, discharge (become empty or void of its content) "The room emptied"
- S: (v) vacate, empty, abandon (leave behind empty; move out of) "You must vacate your office by tonight"
- S: (v) empty (remove) "Empty the water"
- S: (v) evacuate, void, empty (excrete or discharge from the body)
- S: (adj) empty (holding or containing nothing) "an empty glass"; "an empty room"; "full of empty seats"; "empty hours"
- S: (adj) empty, hollow, vacuous (devoid of significance or force) "empty promises"; "a hollow victory"; "vacuous comments"
- S: (adj) empty, empty-bellied (needing nourishment) "after skipped lunch the men were empty by suppertime"; "empty-bellied children"
- S: (adj) empty (emptied of emotion) "after the violent argument he felt empty"