Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) Earth, earth, world, globe (the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on) "the Earth moves around the sun"; "he sailed around the world"
- S: (n) earth, ground (the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface) "they dug into the earth outside the church"
- S: (n) land, dry land, earth, ground, solid ground, terra firma (the solid part of the earth's surface) "the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land"; "the earth shook for several minutes"; "he dropped the logs on the ground"
- S: (n) Earth, earth (the abode of mortals (as contrasted with Heaven or Hell)) "it was hell on earth"
- S: (n) earth (once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles))
- S: (n) worldly concern, earthly concern, world, earth (the concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife) "they consider the church to be independent of the world"
- S: (n) ground, earth (a connection between an electrical device and a large conducting body, such as the earth (which is taken to be at zero voltage))
- S: (v) earth (hide in the earth like a hunted animal)
- S: (v) earth (connect to the earth) "earth the circuit"