Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) dress, frock (a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice)
- S: (n) attire, garb, dress (clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion) "formal attire"; "battle dress"
- S: (n) apparel, wearing apparel, dress, clothes (clothing in general) "she was refined in her choice of apparel"; "he always bought his clothes at the same store"; "fastidious about his dress"
- S: (v) dress, get dressed (put on clothes) "we had to dress quickly"; "dress the patient"; "Can the child dress by herself?"
- S: (v) dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel (provide with clothes or put clothes on) "Parents must feed and dress their child"
- S: (v) dress (put a finish on) "dress the surface smooth"
- S: (v) dress, dress up (dress in a certain manner) "She dresses in the latest Paris fashion"; "he dressed up in a suit and tie"
- S: (v) preen, primp, plume, dress (dress or groom with elaborate care) "She likes to dress when going to the opera"
- S: (v) dress, dress out (kill and prepare for market or consumption) "dress a turkey"
- S: (v) dress, line up (arrange in ranks) "dress troops"
- S: (v) trim, garnish, dress (decorate (food), as with parsley or other ornamental foods)
- S: (v) dress, decorate (provide with decoration) "dress the windows"
- S: (v) dress (put a dressing on) "dress the salads"
- S: (v) snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back (cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of) "dress the plants in the garden"
- S: (v) dress (cut down rough-hewn (lumber) to standard thickness and width)
- S: (v) dress (convert into leather) "dress the tanned skins"
- S: (v) dress (apply a bandage or medication to) "dress the victim's wounds"
- S: (v) dress, groom, curry (give a neat appearance to) "groom the dogs"; "dress the horses"
- S: (v) dress, arrange, set, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure (arrange attractively) "dress my hair for the wedding"
- S: (adj) full-dress, dress (suitable for formal occasions) "formal wear"; "a full-dress uniform"; "dress shoes"
- S: (adj) dress, full-dress ((of an occasion) requiring formal clothes) "a dress dinner"; "a full-dress ceremony"