Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) predominate, dominate, rule, reign, prevail (be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance) "Money reigns supreme here"; "Hispanics predominate in this neighborhood"
- S: (v) dominate (be in control) "Her husband completely dominates her"
- S: (v) dominate, master (have dominance or the power to defeat over) "Her pain completely mastered her"; "The methods can master the problems"
- S: (v) overshadow, dominate, eclipse (be greater in significance than) "the tragedy overshadowed the couple's happiness"
- S: (v) dominate, command, overlook, overtop (look down on) "The villa dominates the town"