Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) make, do (engage in) "make love, not war"; "make an effort"; "do research"; "do nothing"; "make revolution"
- S: (v) perform, execute, do (carry out or perform an action) "John did the painting, the weeding, and he cleaned out the gutters"; "the skater executed a triple pirouette"; "she did a little dance"
- S: (v) do, perform (get (something) done) "I did my job"
- S: (v) do, fare, make out, come, get along (proceed or get along) "How is she doing in her new job?"; "How are you making out in graduate school?"; "He's come a long way"
- S: (v) cause, do, make (give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally) "cause a commotion"; "make a stir"; "cause an accident"
- S: (v) practice, practise, exercise, do (carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions) "practice law"
- S: (v) suffice, do, answer, serve (be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity) "A few words would answer"; "This car suits my purpose well"; "Will $100 do?"; "A `B' grade doesn't suffice to get me into medical school"; "Nothing else will serve"
- S: (v) do, make (create or design, often in a certain way) "Do my room in blue"; "I did this piece in wood to express my love for the forest"
- S: (v) act, behave, do (behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself) "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
- S: (v) serve, do (spend time in prison or in a labor camp) "He did six years for embezzlement"
- S: (v) do, manage (carry on or function) "We could do with a little more help around here"
- S: (v) dress, arrange, set, do, coif, coiffe, coiffure (arrange attractively) "dress my hair for the wedding"
- S: (v) do (travel or traverse (a distance)) "This car does 150 miles per hour"; "We did 6 miles on our hike every day"