Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) division (an army unit large enough to sustain combat) "two infantry divisions were held in reserve"
- S: (n) part, section, division (one of the portions into which something is regarded as divided and which together constitute a whole) "the written part of the exam"; "the finance section of the company"; "the BBC's engineering division"
- S: (n) division (the act or process of dividing)
- S: (n) division (an administrative unit in government or business)
- S: (n) division, variance (discord that splits a group)
- S: (n) class, division (a league ranked by quality) "he played baseball in class D for two years"; "Princeton is in the NCAA Division 1-AA"
- S: (n) division ((biology) a group of organisms forming a subdivision of a larger category)
- S: (n) division ((botany) taxonomic unit of plants corresponding to a phylum)
- S: (n) division, air division (a unit of the United States Air Force usually comprising two or more wings)
- S: (n) division, naval division (a group of ships of similar type)
- S: (n) division (an arithmetic operation that is the inverse of multiplication; the quotient of two numbers is computed)
- S: (n) division, partition, partitioning, segmentation, sectionalization, sectionalisation (the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart)