Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart (mark as different) "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
- S: (v) spot, recognize, recognise, distinguish, discern, pick out, make out, tell apart (detect with the senses) "The fleeing convicts were picked out of the darkness by the watchful prison guards"; "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
- S: (v) distinguish, mark, differentiate (be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense) "His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"
- S: (v) signalize, signalise, distinguish (make conspicuous or noteworthy)
- S: (v) identify, discover, key, key out, distinguish, describe, name (identify as in botany or biology, for example)