Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) purify, sublimate, make pure, distill (remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation) "purify the water"
- S: (v) distill, distil (undergo the process of distillation)
- S: (v) distill, extract, distil (extract by the process of distillation) "distill the essence of this compound"
- S: (v) condense, distill, distil (undergo condensation; change from a gaseous to a liquid state and fall in drops) "water condenses"; "The acid distills at a specific temperature"
- S: (v) distill, distil (give off (a liquid)) "The doctor distilled a few drops of disinfectant onto the wound"