Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) distance (the property created by the space between two objects or points)
- S: (n) distance (a distant region) "I could see it in the distance"
- S: (n) distance, length (size of the gap between two places) "the distance from New York to Chicago"; "he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
- S: (n) distance, aloofness (indifference by personal withdrawal) "emotional distance"
- S: (n) distance, space (the interval between two times) "the distance from birth to death"; "it all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
- S: (n) distance (a remote point in time) "if that happens it will be at some distance in the future"; "at a distance of ten years he had forgotten many of the details"
- S: (v) distance (keep at a distance) "we have to distance ourselves from these events in order to continue living"
- S: (v) outdistance, outstrip, distance (go far ahead of) "He outdistanced the other runners"