Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) dismiss, disregard, brush aside, brush off, discount, push aside, ignore (bar from attention or consideration) "She dismissed his advances"
- S: (v) dismiss, throw out (cease to consider; put out of judicial consideration) "This case is dismissed!"
- S: (v) dismiss, send packing, send away, drop (stop associating with) "They dropped her after she had a child out of wedlock"
- S: (v) displace, fire, give notice, can, dismiss, give the axe, send away, sack, force out, give the sack, terminate (terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position) "The boss fired his secretary today"; "The company terminated 25% of its workers"
- S: (v) dismiss, usher out (end one's encounter with somebody by causing or permitting the person to leave) "I was dismissed after I gave my report"
- S: (v) dissolve, dismiss (declare void) "The President dissolved the parliament and called for new elections"