Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) unplug, disconnect (pull the plug of (electrical appliances) and render inoperable) "unplug the hair dryer after using it"
- S: (v) disconnect (make disconnected, disjoin or unfasten)
- S: (adj) staccato, disconnected ((music) marked by or composed of disconnected parts or sounds; cut short crisply) "staccato applause"; "a staccato command"; "staccato notes"
- S: (adj) disconnected, disunited, fragmented, split (having been divided; having the unity destroyed) "Congress...gave the impression of...a confusing sum of disconnected local forces"-Samuel Lubell; "a league of disunited nations"- E.B.White; "a fragmented coalition"; "a split group"
- S: (adj) abrupt, disconnected (marked by sudden changes in subject and sharp transitions) "abrupt prose"
- S: (adj) disconnected (not plugged in or connected to a power source) "the iron is disconnected"
- S: (adj) confused, disconnected, disjointed, disordered, garbled, illogical, scattered, unconnected (lacking orderly continuity) "a confused set of instructions"; "a confused dream about the end of the world"; "disconnected fragments of a story"; "scattered thoughts"