Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) decrease, diminish, lessen, fall (decrease in size, extent, or range) "The amount of homework decreased towards the end of the semester"; "The cabin pressure fell dramatically"; "her weight fell to under a hundred pounds"; "his voice fell to a whisper"
- S: (v) diminish, belittle (lessen the authority, dignity, or reputation of) "don't belittle your colleagues"
- S: (adj) diminished, lessened, vitiated, weakened (impaired by diminution)
- S: (adj) atrophied, wasted, diminished ((of an organ or body part) diminished in size or strength as a result of disease or injury or lack of use) "partial paralysis resulted in an atrophied left arm"
- S: (adj) diminished ((of musical intervals) reduction by a semitone of any perfect or minor musical interval) "a diminished fifth"
- S: (adj) belittled, diminished, small (made to seem smaller or less (especially in worth)) "her comments made me feel small"