Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) devise (a will disposing of real property)
- S: (n) devise ((law) a gift of real property by will)
- S: (v) invent, contrive, devise, excogitate, formulate, forge (come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort) "excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
- S: (v) organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate (arrange by systematic planning and united effort) "machinate a plot"; "organize a strike"; "devise a plan to take over the director's office"
- S: (v) devise (give by will, especially real property)