Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) device (an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose) "the device is small enough to wear on your wrist"; "a device intended to conserve water"
- S: (n) device (something in an artistic work designed to achieve a particular effect)
- S: (n) device, gimmick, twist (any clever maneuver) "he would stoop to any device to win a point"; "it was a great sales gimmick"; "a cheap promotions gimmick for greedy businessmen"
- S: (n) device (any ornamental pattern or design (as in embroidery))
- S: (n) device (an emblematic design (especially in heraldry)) "he was recognized by the device on his shield"