Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) desert (arid land with little or no vegetation)
- S: (n) desert ((usually plural) a person's deservingness of or entitlement to reward or punishment)
- S: (v) abandon, forsake, desolate, desert (leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch) "The mother deserted her children"
- S: (v) defect, desert (desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army) "If soldiers deserted Hitler's army, they were shot"
- S: (v) desert (leave behind) "the students deserted the campus after the end of exam period"