Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) specify, define, delineate, delimit, delimitate (determine the essential quality of)
- S: (v) define (give a definition for the meaning of a word) "Define `sadness'"
- S: (v) define (determine the nature of) "What defines a good wine?"
- S: (v) define, delineate (show the form or outline of) "The tree was clearly defined by the light"; "The camera could define the smallest object"
- S: (v) specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit (decide upon or fix definitely) "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"