Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) tax write-off, tax deduction, deduction (a reduction in the gross amount on which a tax is calculated; reduces taxes by the percentage fixed for the taxpayer's income bracket)
- S: (n) deduction, discount (an amount or percentage deducted)
- S: (n) deduction, entailment, implication (something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied)) "his resignation had political implications"
- S: (n) deduction, deductive reasoning, synthesis (reasoning from the general to the particular (or from cause to effect))
- S: (n) subtraction, deduction (the act of subtracting (removing a part from the whole)) "he complained about the subtraction of money from their paychecks"
- S: (n) discount, price reduction, deduction (the act of reducing the selling price of merchandise)