Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) declare (state emphatically and authoritatively) "He declared that he needed more money to carry out the task he was charged with"
- S: (v) announce, declare (announce publicly or officially) "The President declared war"
- S: (v) declare (state firmly) "He declared that he was innocent"
- S: (v) declare, adjudge, hold (declare to be) "She was declared incompetent"; "judge held that the defendant was innocent"
- S: (v) declare (authorize payments of) "declare dividends"
- S: (v) declare (designate (a trump suit or no-trump) with the final bid of a hand)
- S: (v) declare (make a declaration (of dutiable goods) to a customs official) "Do you have anything to declare?"
- S: (v) declare (proclaim one's support, sympathy, or opinion for or against) "His wife declared at once for moving to the West Coast"