Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) muffle, mute, dull, damp, dampen, tone down (deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping)
- S: (v) damp (restrain or discourage) "the sudden bad news damped the joyous atmosphere"
- S: (v) dampen, deaden, damp (make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible) "muffle the message"
- S: (v) dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break (lessen in force or effect) "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- S: (adj) damp, dampish, moist (slightly wet) "clothes damp with perspiration"; "a moist breeze"; "eyes moist with tears"