Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) zero, 0, nought, cipher, cypher (a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number)
- S: (n) nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zero, zilch, zip, zippo (a quantity of no importance) "it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"; "reduced to nil all the work we had done"; "we racked up a pathetic goose egg"; "it was all for naught"; "I didn't hear zilch about it"
- S: (n) cipher, cypher, nobody, nonentity (a person of no influence)
- S: (n) cipher, cypher, cryptograph, secret code (a secret method of writing)
- S: (n) cipher, cypher (a message written in a secret code)
- S: (v) code, encipher, cipher, cypher, encrypt, inscribe, write in code (convert ordinary language into code) "We should encode the message for security reasons"
- S: (v) calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure (make a mathematical calculation or computation)