Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (n) abscission, cutting off (the act of cutting something off)
- S: (n) cut, cutting, cutting off (the act of shortening something by chopping off the ends) "the barber gave him a good cut"
- S: (v) interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off (make a break in) "We interrupt the program for the following messages"
- S: (v) cut, cut off (cease, stop) "cut the noise"; "We had to cut short the conversation"
- S: (v) cut off, chop off, lop off (remove by or as if by cutting) "cut off the ear"; "lop off the dead branch"
- S: (v) cut off, cut out (cut off and stop) "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
- S: (v) chip, knap, cut off, break off (break a small piece off from) "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
- S: (v) amputate, cut off (remove surgically) "amputate limbs"