Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) cut out (delete or remove) "Cut out the extra text"; "cut out the newspaper article"
- S: (v) cut out (form and create by cutting out) "Picasso cut out a guitar from a piece of paper"
- S: (v) cut off, cut out (cut off and stop) "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
- S: (v) scratch out, cut out (strike or cancel by or as if by rubbing or crossing out) "scratch out my name on that list"
- S: (v) cut down, cut out (intercept (a player))
- S: (v) cut out (cease operating) "The pump suddenly cut out"
- S: (adj) cut out (having been cut out) "the cut-out pieces of the dress"