Key: "S:" = Show Synset (semantic) relations, "W:" = Show Word (lexical) relations
Display options for sense: (gloss) "an example sentence"
- S: (v) reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut, bring down (cut down on; make a reduction in) "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
- S: (v) slash, cut down (cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete)
- S: (v) down, knock down, cut down, push down, pull down (cause to come or go down) "The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect"; "The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet"
- S: (v) cut down, cut out (intercept (a player))
- S: (v) mow, cut down (cut with a blade or mower) "mow the grass"
- S: (v) fell, drop, strike down, cut down (cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow) "strike down a tree"; "Lightning struck down the hikers"